From 1903 – 1914, Fr. H.F. Duffy was pastor of St. Mary’s Church. During this time the church moved from the north side of the old rectory to the south side. A full basement was constructed, and two coal furnaces replaced wood stoves. Fr. Patrick J. Cunningham became the pastor in 1914 and served until 1947. New side altars were donated to the parish, one in honor of the Blessed Virgin (donated by the Altar Society) and one in honor of the Sacred Heart (donated by six women of the church). In 1946, Fr. Jerome Mee came to the parish. After the church burned down on Dec. 15, 1948, Fr. Mee supervised building the new church. Services were held at the community hall during construction.